L’ASSEMBLÉE DES JEUNES JURASSIENS
Created on 19 September 2015 by 4 young Jurassians, the Assembly of Young Jurassians | AdJJ is a non-profit association. Governed by its statutes, it is open to all young people from the Jura and Bernese Jura, from 15 to 25 years old. It was officially constituted at the Plenary Assembly on 12 March 2016.
The AdJJ is composed of two entities: the Plenary Assembly and the Bureau.
- The Plenary Assembly is made up of all the members of the AdJJ. It is the supreme organ of the AdJJ. It elects a Bureau for one year, ratifies the statutes and internal regulations when necessary, and approves the financial report.
- The Bureau s’occupe de la gestion (finances, secrétariat,…) de l’AdJJ, des relations avec la presse et de ses partenaires. It also manages all matters that do not fall within the competence of the Plenary Assembly. It is composed of 4 to 10 members. The Bureau is elected at the first meeting of the year.
EXPRESS YOUR YOUTH!
The aim of the AdJJ is to train young people to debate, propose and carry out projects, but also to improve their civic education. Its functioning is governed by its internal regulations. The meetings are as follows:
- Current issues: Each youth is free to speak to bring a topic to the members. Afterwards, the young person can either write a draft law that will be debated in an assembly, or create a concrete project on the subject.
- Concrete projects: Each project in progress with the AdJJJ is dealt with in this section. An update on the progress of the project, its financing and even its assessment is made at the Plenary Assembly.
- Verbal jousting: At this stage, a bill is debated in the form of a simulated parliamentary debate.